Subject: bug#63084: closed (Re: bug#64186: Patch: Suppress deprecated '-gdb-set target-async' warning message in gdb-mi.el)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 18:56:10 +0300

> From: TatriX <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 17:30:16 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I've used the same example with the same set of steps.
> 
> > If those steps don't work for you, please tell which GDB version are
> 
> GNU gdb (GDB) 13.1
> 
> Linux home 6.3.8-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed, 14 Jun 2023
> 20:10:31 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> 
> GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
> cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-06

So what doesn't work, and how does it not work?  Are you saying that
you see the same behavior as before the recent changes in gdb-mi.el?
Including the fact that after "run&" the value of gud-running is t?
(It should be nil.)

If you try the same steps in "emacs -Q", does it work?  What about
"emacs -Q -nw"?

Also, do you have anything in your .gdbinit files, both system-wide
and your private ones?  If you do, maybe those settings somehow get in
the way?