Subject: bug#63082: [PATCH 06/17] services: mympd: Fix log file name.

From: Bruno Victal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 02:56:17 +0100

On 2023-04-29 02:49, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> No, this is correct although perhaps /var/log/mympd/mympd.log would have been less error prone?
>> IIRC mympd is supposed to write to a subdirectory within /var/log and
>> this change would break the service.
> 
> The only consumer of a 'log-to' is Shepherd, as far as I can see; so
> mympd doesn't get to know where the log is going (its output goes to
> stdout/stderr, captured by Shepherd), so shouldn't be writing anything
> under /var/log/mympd.  Looking at upstream, they ship a fancy systemd
> service which wouldn't log to text files but to the journal, closer in
> spirit to syslog.

Oh you're right, I must have been misremembering this.

> For symmetry with mpd, I've now adjusted logging of mympd to default to
> syslog (and found it had an erroneous requirement on 'syslog rather than
> syslogd with the test :-)).
> 

Nice!