Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 05/16] services: mpd: Obsolete the 'group' field.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 20:31:44 +0200

Hi Maxim,

Am Sonntag, dem 07.05.2023 um 14:12 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> My focus on this series was making sure the configuration is easy(er)
> to reason with and that it works out of the box for the most part.
Obsoleting the group field does imho not significantly ease its use. 
It rather makes its non-ootb use harder, because you now have to edit
two operating-system fields, without changing anything for the ootb
use.

> > > > 
> It puts the issue aside; if you can't configure a mismatched group,
> you can't shoot yourself in the foot.
No, it doesn't: Since it pulls in the groups field into "stuff you need
to worry about when editing your MPD service", it actually exacerbates
the issue.  Yes, the API is awkward, but it does help making mpd-
service-type self-contained.

> > 
> I think it's a serious issue because the permissions configured in
> the start slot may be wrong, and the service could fail to run
> because of it.
What is "it" here: the fact that you can make a group with (system? #f)
or the error in accounts-service-type that has been demoted to a
warning?

Cheers