Subject: bug#63082: [PATCH v2 00/16] Improve out-of-the-box experience with mpd-service-type

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:21:37 -0400

This series harmonize mympd with mypd further, such as using syslog as default
for the log output, and sharing more of the logic for their start slot.
Otherwise it's the same as the previous series, with some clean ups and
changes suggested by Bruno in its review (thanks!).

Maxim Cournoyer (16):
  services: mpd: Add an 'update' action to trigger a database update.
  services: mpd: Streamline mpd-user-sanitizer and mympd-user-sanitizer.
  services: mpd: Rename %set-user-group to set-user-group.
  services: mpd: Obsolete the 'group' field.
  services: mpd: List log-level in decreasing verbosity order in doc.
  services: mpd; Refactor start slot directory initialization.
  services: mpd: Log to syslog by default.
  services: mpd: Do not rotate logs when using syslog.
  services: mpd: Let Shepherd effect the user/group change.
  system: accounts: Export <user-account>.
  services: mpd: Warn when the MPD user is not in the "audio" group.
  services: mpd: Auto-detect mpd-output mixer type by default.
  services: mpd: Obsolete 'environment-variables' field.
  services: mpd: Provision a default cache directory and set HOME.
  services: mpd: Update basic example.
  services: Avoid 'delete' overrides warning in audio module.

 doc/guix.texi           |  97 ++++++----
 gnu/services/audio.scm  | 405 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 gnu/system/accounts.scm |   3 +-
 gnu/tests/audio.scm     |   4 +-
 4 files changed, 294 insertions(+), 215 deletions(-)

base-commit: ccf64b6a8b8718a8bb69719cf9ed2873464e3850
prerequisite-patch-id: eace011dd080f709a8eeb77c7a739f87079dbb81
prerequisite-patch-id: fd596ecff861483a486910ca0feecded27f6a4a2
prerequisite-patch-id: 948c73edc0a8a0a21b1d4f6878d3f09158059f38
prerequisite-patch-id: becfd217e53934fe9ef16939ff433e5ed00a4b1e
prerequisite-patch-id: 20f12e01af25b881e362ea7dc837a07aeec8a489
prerequisite-patch-id: 7534d08dbc06589ce0fe7bd306585321cb5385d1
-- 
2.39.2