Subject: bug#63050: "guix pull" requires graphical libraries

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 19:25:15 +0200

Hello,

Am Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 06:59:44PM +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie Prikler:
> Having built glib from scratch more often than is fun, I am quite
> certain that the package pulling in our graphics stack is texinfo with
> its reference to texlive.

where do you see this?
$ guix gc --references `guix build texinfo`
/gnu/store/5j85qqflgx8nnzk86i43mxn0rjm8h2gv-perl-archive-zip-1.68
/gnu/store/930nwsiysdvy2x5zv1sf6v7ym75z8ayk-gcc-11.3.0-lib
/gnu/store/a5i8avx826brw5grn3n4qv40g514505c-coreutils-9.1
/gnu/store/bcc053jvsbspdjr17gnnd9dg85b3a0gy-ncurses-6.2.20210619
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/hc05d76f1j3iz3v2bs5jz4fpljl1r4dj-gawk-5.2.1
/gnu/store/lj75fc25zx2y9pqvfp95la84rdhlj4f8-perl-5.36.0
/gnu/store/m8waimifhdjm8slb85jfihsm18jp1vc8-texinfo-7.0.3
/gnu/store/rib9g2ig1xf3kclyl076w28parmncg4k-bash-minimal-5.1.16

So texinfo should be fine.

It is this explicit inclusion of graphviz that poses problems (glib is
then pulled in also).

Andreas