Subject: bug#6303: Acknowledgement (23.2; Win32 Antialiased fonts)

From: Damyan Pepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:28:37 +0100

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks for having a look at this.

> Also, your contribution is long enought that it would likely require
> for you to sign papers. Have you done so?

I haven't.

> Another thing. This bit:
>
>           char *str = SYMBOLP (val) ? SDATA (SYMBOL_NAME (val)) : NULL;
>           if (INTEGERP (val)) str = XINT (val) != 0 ? "true" : "false";
>           if (str == NULL) str = "true";
>
> would perhaps be clearer as
>
>            char *str;
>
>            if (INTEGERP (val))
>              str = XINT (val) ? "true" : "false";
>            else if (SYMBOLP (val))
>              str = SDATA (SYMBOL_NAME (val));
>            else
>              str = "true";
>
> don't you agree?

I do.

I arranged for the code to be very similar to the code in ftfont.c -
it's pretty much a copy with some renamings and a different list of
properties.  The idea was that it should be easy to refactor this so
that the two versions share the same code but pass in different arrays
of property names.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a machine to
test any changes to ftfont.c on and so wasn't confident to make it
blind and without some guidance from someone more experience with the
code base.

I'm happy to try and do the refactor myself - perhaps moving the
generic version of w32font_filter_properties/ftfont_filter_properties
into font.h/font.c?  At that point I'd be happier about doing a pass
through to clear up any logic in there.