Subject: bug#63028: 28.2; Rendering Traditional Mongolian Script

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:02:02 +0300

> From: "Garid Z." <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 00:35:26 +0900
> 
> > I've installed on emacs-29 branch a fix, which should make rendering
> > Traditional Mongolian better, please take a look.
> 
> I've just tried emacs-29 branch. It looks like it's working pretty well.

OK, thanks for verifying this works.

FTR, what font are you using for this script?

> >>  . HELLO text
> 
> For the HELLO file please add following part:
> Just in case (perhaps rendering issue in browser/mail client/etc),
> I'm attaching the text above as a file.

Thanks.  However, I think I'd like to separate this line from the
existing Mongolian line (which uses the Cyrillic script).  I thought
about labeling it "Mongolian Traditional:, WDYT?  Alternatively, we
could rename the existing line to "Mongolian Cyrillic", if the
traditional Mongolian script is back in wide use nowadays.  In any
case, I will need to know how "Mongolian" is written in the Mongolian
script, can you tell that as well?

> >> . input method(s)
> 
> For input method, I'm working on a make-shift quail input method.
> I'll send a patch for for input-method (similar to my previous patch
> of cyrrilic-mongolian layout).

Great, thanks.

> >>  . font selection spec in fontset.el
> >>  . character-composition rules
> 
> About these layer two  (fontset.el, character-composition), I've no idea
> what's these about.

I already did that, in the commit I installed today.

Thanks.