Subject: bug#62994: [PATCH 2/3] Add support for styled underlines on tty frames

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:57:46 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are there any terminal emulators besides Kitty which support these
> attributes?  They should perhaps be mentioned in the NEWS entry.

I've tested the following. I'll add the relevant ones to the NEWS file:

- vte4 (through libvte). Supports both colored and styled underlines,
  but for some reason vte4 uses a TERM of xterm-256color for me so it
  hasn't got the termcaps to expose that it supports it. I guess it
  expects users to override it or is waiting for xterm to support it :/.
- xterm doesn't. I've never used xterm, it might be possible to
  configure it but I won't bother testing too thoroughly.
- St supports styled and colored underlines through the curly underlines
  patch.
- xterm.js apparently supports it [1] but installing hyper to check is
  taking forever so I can't confirm :/. Darn web terminals.

[1]: https://github.com/xtermjs/xterm.js/issues/1145

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem