Subject: Re: bug#62994: [PATCH 2/3] Add support for styled underlines on tty frames

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 19:04:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> [Please use Reply All to keep the bug address on the CC list.]

Thought I did, my bad. Sorry.

> This is stuff for etc/PROBLEMS, not for NEWS.  And we only add it to
> PROBLEMS if someone actually reports the relevant problems.

Good enough :-).

> Yes, in standards.info.  This is the GNU recommended style.

Cool, doesn't seem to be in the Emacs repo but I'm guessing it's this
[1]. I'll try to adapt to it.

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Formatting

> Did Kitty invent that?  If not, there must be some reference that is
> not the source code of a terminal emulator.

I think it did. What I've found online indicates kitty invented it, used
Su for the termcap, this lead to an issue on tmux which suggested
changing it to Smulx [2]. That's why the termcap for it is inconsistent.
I can't find any reference for support before kitty.

[2]: https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/1492

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem