Subject: Re: bug#62994: [PATCH v7] Add support for colored and styled underlines on tty frames

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 18:52:27 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is not the proper manner of specifying bug numbers relating to a
> change.  Place it immediately after the most relevant (in your judgment)
> item in the log entry, e.g.:
>
>   * src/foo.c (pertinent_function): Adjust for something.
>   (bug#62994)

I've moved it to after another section. Will resubmit patch.

>> * src/xterm.c (x_draw_glyph_string): Updated to use renamed
>> FACE_UNDERLINE_SINGLE and FACE_UNDERLINE_WAVE face_underline_type
>> enumerations.
>
> This change should be accompanied by like updates to *_draw_glyph_string
> and related functions in the remaining terminal backends.

Based on Elis comments I don't think is a hard requirement. I'll defer
this to Jim or anyone else who considers it a priority if that's ok :-).

>
> Last but not least, are there terminal emulators besides Kitty that
> support these underline styles?

I haven't tested exhaustively, although I listed 2 others in the NEWS
file. That being st (through a custom patch) and libvte. Personally I
use st so that was my primary motivation in adopting this.

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem