Subject: Re: bug#62994: [PATCH v7] Add support for colored and styled underlines on tty frames

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:01:28 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:44:15 +0800
> From:  Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> > * src/xterm.c (x_draw_glyph_string): Updated to use renamed
> > FACE_UNDERLINE_SINGLE and FACE_UNDERLINE_WAVE face_underline_type
> > enumerations.
> 
> This change should be accompanied by like updates to *_draw_glyph_string
> and related functions in the remaining terminal backends.

I believe Jim Porter wanted to work on that.  Jim, have you made any
progress in this matter?

In any case, given that implementing this for GUI displays should not
be a problem, I don't see a reason to block this changeset until the
GUI parts are done.  Hopefully, Jim or someone else will get it ready
soon.

Thanks.