Subject: Re: bug#62994: [PATCH v6] Add support for colored and styled underlines on tty frames

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:09:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> How about if you produce a patch with "git format-patch", and then
> attach the result to the mail (as an attachment)?  It could be that
> the problem here is with some problematic format of the Subject line,
> but there's no reason to have the patch heading be the Subject of the
> email.

I'll give that a go.

> That's not what I meant.  In order to have the proper line length, you
> need first to add a TAB before each line, then turn on
> change-log-mode, then fill the lines with M-q, then remove the leading
> TABs.
>
> The reason for this is that the Git logs are used to produce ChangeLog
> files when we prepare a release, and ChangeLog files have a TAB before
> each line of the log entries.

I see, gave that a go and it seems to have reorganised things somewhat
so hopefully should meet conventions now. Apologies for the back and
forth on this, I'm accustomed to lints and convention adherence like
this being automated.

> Did you forget to attach the updated patch?

Was waiting on a reply to this message just to make sure I acted on all
the comments from the last time round. Sending now...

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem