Subject: Re: bug#62994: [PATCH v5] Add support for colored and styled underlines on tty frames

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:22:39 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> The "+++" thingy means the manuals were updated for this change, which
> is why Po Lu asked where are those updates.

I see, does --- have a similar alternate meaning or can I just replace
the pluses with minuses?

>> Is this absolutely necessary?
>
> Not absolutely necessary, but very much preferred.  It is unheard of
> in Emacs to have some face attribute that is supported on TTY frames
> but not on GUI frames.

I see. If a blocker I'm happy to remove the extra underline styles? I'm
not sure how long it would take me to add GUI support and as I don't use
the GUI I'd be unlikely to prioritise it any time soon.

> No, you should mark the region and then press C-M-\.

I see. So I should run this over all the lines I've changed to normalize
them?

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem