Subject: bug#62992: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2025 20:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62992: Stray po.go file

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62992: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62992
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 22:09:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing old issues.

Andreas

Subject: Stray po.go file
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:00:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is not related to the dancefloor. Someone on IRC mentioned that
"make clean-go" leaves a stray file guix/build/po.go.

I suppose that it should be added to Makefile.am in the line
that currently reads:
GOBJECTS = $(MODULES:%.scm=%.go) guix/config.go $(dist_noinst_DATA:%.scm=%.go)

but would like to leave it to the experts.

Actually further above we have this:
MODULES_NOT_COMPILED =                          \
  guix/build/po.scm                             \
  guix/man-db.scm

So maybe a better fix would be to move guix/build/po.scm to MODULES
instead, since apparently it is compiled.

Andreas