Subject: bug#62985: closed (Re: bug#36561: gvfs and/or sftp bugs and pain points)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 01:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62985: [GNOME] MTP mounts in Nautilus doesn't work out of the box

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62985: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62985
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36561: gvfs and/or sftp bugs and pain points
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: P <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 09:11:31 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, this issue had been fixed with commit 3bd8d238aba7, which
introduces a 'gvfs-service-type', add it to the system and reboot to
test.  Close now, thanks!

Subject: [GNOME] MTP mounts in Nautilus doesn't work out of the box
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 23:51:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Connecting an Android phone via USB to a Guix System that has GNOME
installed, and selecting the transfer mode to be USB/media, I'd expect
it to appear in Nautilus, the same it does in other mainstream
distributions.  Instead, nothing happens.

In Fedora, for example, the device appears in the left panel of
Nautilus, and a 'gvfsd-mtp' process starts running.  In Guix System,
there's no 'gvfsd-mtp' process running, although a
'gvfs-mtp-volume-monitor' process is running.

To be investigated.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim