Subject: Re: bug#62969: [PATCH] home: Add msmtp service.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 23:30:10 +0200

Hi Tanguy! :-)

Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/home/services/mail.scm: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (GNU_SYSTEM_MODULES): Add it.
> * doc/guix.texi (Mailing): New node.

I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[ 94%] GUILEC   gnu/home/services/mail.go
gnu/home/services/mail.scm:52:0: warning: possibly unbound variable `serialize-string'
gnu/home/services/mail.scm:53:0: warning: possibly unbound variable `serialize-boolean'
gnu/home/services/mail.scm:54:0: warning: possibly unbound variable `serialize-integer'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I guess these procedures should be provided as well?

> +@node Mail Home Services
> +@subsection Mail Home Services
> +
> +@cindex msmtp
> +@uref{https://marlam.de/msmtp, MSMTP} is an SMTP client.

Could you give a bit more context, including @acronym for SMTP?  It
would also be nice to provide one commented example that readers might
copy/paste as a starting point.

You can take inspiration form the “Mcron Home Services”, “Secure Shell”,
or “Messaging Home Services” nodes, for example.

[...]

> +                (default-value (home-msmtp-configuration))
> +                (description "Configures msmtp.")))

Likewise, something like “Configure msmtp, a simple @acronym{SMTP, …}
client that can relay email to SMTP servers.”

Otherwise this looks great to me, thank you!

Ludo’.