Subject: bug#62962: closed (Re: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 05:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62962: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62962
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Blood <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:15:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Eric Blood <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 17:27:27 -0600
> 
> thanks for walking through all of that with me.  i went back and tested another mac window manager
> app, rectangle (https://rectangleapp.com/), and it turns out with the same key combination that it
> works with the stock build of emacs.  so it looks like magnet's method of moving windows, and not
> the key combination (thanks to alan for the correction), is the culprit here.

Thanks for telling us.  I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos
From: Eric Blood <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 15:53:34 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

i use magnet (https://magnet.crowdcafe.com) on the mac which uses key
combinations like ctrl-option-leftarrow, or ctrl-option-rightarrow to
reorganize windows quickly.  with the official mac build of emacs these
combinations don't work, however the railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport
build does.  it would be nice to see these keys work.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00
Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
 of 2023-02-22 built on armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-sqlite-20230225.2205/emacsql-sqlite
hides /Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-20230417.1448/emacsql-sqlite
/Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides
/private/var/folders/f0/pyl6q2r56ln2lcpf8xlvlsqw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/820A7B18-8063-41AA-9456-2729C5DA162E/d/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc shortdoc s whitespace vc-git
diff-mode company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb .emacs dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
warnings server sqlite3 sqlite3-api erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-loaddefs typescript-mode cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
lorem-ipsum clj-deps-new transient compat compat-29 rainbow-delimiters
multishell savehist expand-region subword-mode-expansions
text-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions clojure-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom easy-kill
company projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs avy crux
aggressive-indent flycheck-clj-kondo clj-refactor cap-words superword
subword hydra lv inflections sgml-mode facemenu dom
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core advice rect clojure-snippets yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet cider tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-mode
cider-find cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval
cider-jar arc-mode archive-mode compile text-property-search
cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve cider-test
cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common xref project
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ring parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
format-spec queue nrepl-dict spinner sesman vc vc-dispatcher
clojure-mode lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr align imenu parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex
parseclj-alist paredit flycheck ansi-color find-func rx
doom-themes-ext-org doom-themes-ext-neotree doom-themes-ext-visual-bell
face-remap doom-tomorrow-night-theme all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons doom-lantern-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit which-key try
exec-path-from-shell use-package-ensure-system-package system-packages
use-package use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key time-date auto-package-update finder-inf
dash cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core derived ffap
thingatpt edmacro kmacro pcase easy-mmode info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 654119 28080)
 (symbols 48 37061 6)
 (strings 32 189173 6561)
 (string-bytes 1 5279891)
 (vectors 16 62746)
 (vector-slots 8 833691 26413)
 (floats 8 949 137)
 (intervals 56 999 97)
 (buffers 992 12))