Subject: Re: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 21:49:03 +0100

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 10:49:09AM -0600, Eric Blood wrote:
> > Does Emacs have support for this?
> 
> i would think that any unbound key combinations should be passed to
> the operating system, and with the *unofficial* railwaycat build, it
> works.

This isn't how keyboard input works. The OS gets first refusal at
keyboard input and then passes it to the application. The application
doesn't then pass the input back, it either acts on it or doesn't.
AFAIK there's no way to pass it back.

I have no idea how magnet works. We've had occasional complaints about
this over the years but nobody has ever been able to explain what
we're doing wrong.

The magnet website itself has about four pages, none of which are
remotely helpful.
-- 
Alan Third