Subject: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:34:09 -0700

Eric Blood <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If this is a third-party build, so I'd suggest reporting this to the
>> Emacs for MacOSX developers first.
>
> to be clear https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html does
> point to https://emacsformacosx.com/ which would indicate it's
> official in some manner. even the `brew install --cask emacs` (which
> the download page instructs) points to these builds. i didn't realize
> it's not considered an offical build.

Aha, I wasn't aware.  It seems like they actually just build a stock
Emacs, so I suppose that is fine, then.

>> Alternatively, you could try building Emacs from source and see if
>> you can reproduce the issue.
>
> ok, i just built it from source (haven't done that in years, not as
> painful as it once was), but still the same issue.

Thanks for testing.

>> Does Emacs have support for this?
>
> i would think that any unbound key combinations should be passed to
> the operating system, and with the *unofficial* railwaycat build, it
> works.

Is your suspicion here that the keys never reach Emacs, or is it that
the special feature of the "Magnet" program that doesn't work like it
should?

>> What is the "railwaycat build"?
>
> https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport

Noted, thanks.