Subject: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos

From: Eric Blood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 15:53:34 -0600

i use magnet (https://magnet.crowdcafe.com) on the mac which uses key
combinations like ctrl-option-leftarrow, or ctrl-option-rightarrow to
reorganize windows quickly.  with the official mac build of emacs these
combinations don't work, however the railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport
build does.  it would be nice to see these keys work.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00
Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
 of 2023-02-22 built on armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-sqlite-20230225.2205/emacsql-sqlite
hides /Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-20230417.1448/emacsql-sqlite
/Users/eblood/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides
/private/var/folders/f0/pyl6q2r56ln2lcpf8xlvlsqw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/820A7B18-8063-41AA-9456-2729C5DA162E/d/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc shortdoc s whitespace vc-git
diff-mode company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb .emacs dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
warnings server sqlite3 sqlite3-api erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-loaddefs typescript-mode cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
lorem-ipsum clj-deps-new transient compat compat-29 rainbow-delimiters
multishell savehist expand-region subword-mode-expansions
text-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions clojure-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom easy-kill
company projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs avy crux
aggressive-indent flycheck-clj-kondo clj-refactor cap-words superword
subword hydra lv inflections sgml-mode facemenu dom
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core advice rect clojure-snippets yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet cider tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-mode
cider-find cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval
cider-jar arc-mode archive-mode compile text-property-search
cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve cider-test
cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common xref project
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ring parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
format-spec queue nrepl-dict spinner sesman vc vc-dispatcher
clojure-mode lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr align imenu parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex
parseclj-alist paredit flycheck ansi-color find-func rx
doom-themes-ext-org doom-themes-ext-neotree doom-themes-ext-visual-bell
face-remap doom-tomorrow-night-theme all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons doom-lantern-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit which-key try
exec-path-from-shell use-package-ensure-system-package system-packages
use-package use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key time-date auto-package-update finder-inf
dash cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core derived ffap
thingatpt edmacro kmacro pcase easy-mmode info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 654119 28080)
 (symbols 48 37061 6)
 (strings 32 189173 6561)
 (string-bytes 1 5279891)
 (vectors 16 62746)
 (vector-slots 8 833691 26413)
 (floats 8 949 137)
 (intervals 56 999 97)
 (buffers 992 12))