Subject: Re: bug#62962: 28.2; blocked key combinations in macos

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:11:11 -0700

Eric Blood <[email-masked]> writes:

> greetings stefan..
>
> i just pulled down a recent release of emacs (
> https://emacsformacosx.com/emacs-builds/Emacs-29.1-1-universal.dmg),
> started with `~/Downloads/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -q`, and the issue
> is still there.

If this is a third-party build, so I'd suggest reporting this to the
Emacs for MacOSX developers first.

Alternatively, you could try building Emacs from source and see if you
can reproduce the issue.

> are you using magnet?

No.

> the default bindings of ctrl-opt-leftarrow or ctrl-opt-rightarrow
> (using mac keyboard nomenclature) to move the window to the left or
> right of the screen don't work.

The default bindings of what?  Magnet?

Does Emacs have support for this?

> if i type ctrl-opt-x, the minibuffer reports "C-M-x is undefined", but
> doesn't say anything when i type ctrl-opt-leftarrow or
> ctrl-opt-rightarrow.  again, this does work with the railwaycat build
> (and the 15 other mac apps i have open).

What is the "railwaycat build"?

> i just verified i don't have any global shortcuts defined by going into
> system settings/keyboard shortcuts and defining ctrl-opt-leftarrow to show
> notification center.  it doesn't show a conflict with any other shortcuts,
> and it overrides the magnet binding and shows notification center.

Thanks.