Subject: Re: Fail to update gajim: [PATCH] Updates for python-k5test and python-gssapi

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 21:08:19 +0000

Thanks for the ping, I missed this message in time before the merge.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 11:52 AM, Andreas Enge wrote:

> Am Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 10:51:31AM +0200 schrieb Simon Tournier:
>> Please note #62956 reporting the failure and proposing a patch.
>
> Thanks for the notice! On core-updates, the current gajim requires
> python-gssapi, which fails to build; so this would have to be repaired
> additionally to the above patch.
>

I will send the two patches for the needed updates and then gajim
builds for me locally (I only built and checked that it ran, though it
wouldn't open a window in my pure environment at least). I'll attempt
with the new mumi updates, so it may take a bit for me to get it set
up.

Notes:

1. For python-k5tests I removed all inputs (guix refresh -u suggested
   some) and everything built and seemed to work fine for
   python-gssapi. I'm not familiar with these packages though.

2. gajim built for me with only the addition of python-idna, but again
   did not test extensively.

If they look good feel free to push to master (after QA if it sees
these patches?) or I can later if no complaints.

John