Subject: Re: bug#62952: 28.2.50; secrets.el unlocking items

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 13:42:44 +0200

Version: 30.1

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Philipp,

>> thanks for your response. Here is the secrets-lock-item function:
>
> Thanks. I'll check it next days.

I've played this morning with your changes. Everything looks fine (in my
environment), so I have pushed them to the Emacs master branch.

>>> Bonus points for respective tests in secrets-tests.el.
>>
>> I didn't find any secrets-tests.el in the Emacs repository. Also I am
>> not really familiar with writing test code in Elisp. But I did
>> manually test the code and it works.
>
> See test/lisp/net/secrets-tests.el in the git repository. Tests are
> performed using ERT, see (info "(ert) Top") for the manual.

I've tried to see how it works with this, but it looks like the
temporary "session" session of Gnome keyring, which I use, doesn't care
about locking/unlocking of single items. So likely it isn't worth to
extend secrets-tests.el.

I'm closing the bug.

>> Cheers, Philipp

Best regards, Michael.