Subject: bug#62951: 29.0.90; c-ts-mode: Incorrect fontification due to FOR_EACH_TAIL_SAFE

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:40:52 +0300

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/fns.c RET
  C-u 3365 M-g g

Observe that "if" and "STRINGP" in the body of FOR_EACH_TAIL_SAFE are
fontified in font-lock-function-name-face.  This is because the
FOR_EACH_TAIL_SAFE macro is misparsed by tree-sitter as a declaration.

Can we teach c-ts-mode to recognize FOR_EACH_TAIL_SAFE and
FOR_EACH_TAIL for what they are, perhaps conditioned on
c-ts-mode-emacs-sources-support being non-nil?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 25, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2023-04-17 built on
 HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 2f59595f5f4e86a791c425a6f9e2c1594d6813e4
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: C/*

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x pp
wid-edit descr-text help-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100876 13128)
 (symbols 48 10122 0)
 (strings 16 31511 2068)
 (string-bytes 1 995836)
 (vectors 16 17200)
 (vector-slots 8 233602 14782)
 (floats 8 43 173)
 (intervals 40 2885 151)
 (buffers 888 16))