Subject: [bug#62916] [PATCH v2 0/1] Fix p11-kit build system for mingw

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 18:16:40 +0200

Hi!

> The p11-kit story isn’t good, but I’m not sure how to address it.  When
> we find a way, we can add a feature branch to rebuild everything that
> depends on it though.

I just found out how to fix the makefiles, and the moment I was about to send
the patch, I received your reply. This V2 does not fix the core issue, but at
least it builds on mingw now! The core problem in the build system is that
every auxiliary program is a mix of re-compiled common sources, static
libraries, and the main shared object. I decided to use static libraries
everywhere I can. This is gross but at least it links now, so this is a W I
guess?

What do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (1):
  gnu: p11-kit: fix build on mingw.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   3 +-
 .../p11-kit-fix-build-system-for-mingw.patch  | 108 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/tls.scm                          |  14 ++-
 3 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/p11-kit-fix-build-system-for-mingw.patch

base-commit: 74038cf66e3a8cdcd9d97a81d9176c3cdefdaaf7
-- 
2.39.2