Subject: [bug#62903] [PATCH 0/8] Remove mysql

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:29:13 +0300

I saw that a fix was applied to mysql on core-updates to have it build
with openssl-1.1, and I figured that rather than have a version that was
several years out of date (and surely had many many security
vulnerabilities) it would be better to try to just remove it.
`mariadb:dev` provides the `mysql_config` binary that some packages
search for so I used it as a drop-in replacement. Nothing seemed broken
to me after building some packages, so to the best of my knowledge of
these disparate packages and languages all is fine.

Efraim Flashner (8):
  gnu: sysbench: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: ghc-mysql: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: neko: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: inspircd: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: ulogd: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: opensmtpd-extras: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: sbcl-clsql: Build with mariadb.
  gnu: cl-clsql: Build with mariadb.

 gnu/packages/benchmark.scm   |  9 +--------
 gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/haxe.scm        |  3 ++-
 gnu/packages/irc.scm         |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/linux.scm       |  6 +++---
 gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm    | 18 ++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/mail.scm        |  4 ++--
 7 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2d06dfc050114dba44e791d8decc8eaa705fee01
-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted