Subject: Re: bug#62890: StumpWM fails to start - Read only file system

From: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 21:03:51 -0400

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks, your patch works for me! I don't expect many use cases to break
from this (how many people want to install stumpwm lib but not stumpwm
proper), but there's probably a fair amount of configs that'll break.
Maybe it deserves a NEWS entry.

I dream of the day https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48907 is fixed.

While testing this I noticed that the error message can be even less
descriptive than reported previously. With my current StumpWM config,
without your patch, and with grafts enabled I get the following error:

> Memory fault in 0x<some_random_hex_address>.

Yeah, that's a fun one to debug. Very informative 🙂. I spent far too
long bisecting a big Guix commit list before realizing this was ALSO a
grafting issue.

-- 
Take it easy,
Richard Sent
Making my computer weirder one commit at a time.