Subject: [bug#62878] [PATCH core-updates] gnu: openhsm: Fix test failure with openssl-3.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:18:16 +0200

Hello Timotej,

Am Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 10:45:57AM +0200 schrieb Timotej Lazar:
> * gnu/packages/patches/softhsm-fix-openssl3-tests.patch: Add patch from
> Debian.
> * gnu/packages/security-token.scm (softhsm): Use it.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Register it.

thanks for your patch! Since this is security related, I would like to dig
a bit deeper. That the package itself has a wrong homepage (maybe we could
switch to https://www.opendnssec.org/softhsm/ at the same occasion?) does
not help, nor that the software looks abandoned (last commit on
https://github.com/opendnssec/SoftHSMv2 about a year ago, last release
three years ago). But as I understand it, it is more of educational use
than to provide actual security?

Could you add a pointer to the source of the patch (at the top of the file,
for instance)? I did not find it in the Debian package. And maybe add a
copyright line for yourself.

Andreas