Subject: Re: bug#62875: 28.2; Crash on MacOS/M1 with treesitter enabled

From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 22:33:31 -0700

Thanks for notifying me

Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> [...]
>> Although, please take that with a grain of salt, because I noticed that
>> tree-sitter is not mentioned in configure, nor the configured features.
>> If I'm not mistaken, tree-sitter feature is automatically enabled when
>> the executable "tree-sitter" is found.  Did you install it from your
>> package manager like brew?
>
> Clarification: "Did you install *tree-sitter* from your package manager
> like brew?".

A couple of things: you are using the third-party tree-sitter package,
not the builtin one, so what Ruijie said doesn’t apply in this
particular case. Let’s see the log and check out what’s going on.

Emacs 29 (and nightly) comes with a builtin support for tree-sitter.
Looking at emacsformacosx, all nightly builds since 2023/3/10 have
tree-sitter builtin. To try that out, you can follow this guide:

https://archive.casouri.cc/note/2023/tree-sitter-in-emacs-29/index.html

A easy way to distinguish between the third-party package and the
builtin support is to look at the prefix, tree-sitter-xxx is the
third-party one, treesit-xxx is the builtin one.

Yuan