Subject: doc: Texinfo Processing: Indicate which version(s) of Texinfo are supported

From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 20:55:09 +0000

Hi,

Guile's documentation on Texinfo Processing doesn't seem to mention that 
the Texinfo format is *partially supported* or whether a particular 
version or versions of the format are supported.

Processing documents written in Texinfo 6.x and 7.x, I found that some 
commands lead to parsing errors like the one reported recently in 
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62374. The following 
commands, for example, lead to the error:

+ @abbr
+ @alias
+ @macro

I think the manual should clarify this so that users can more easily 
decide whether the current Texinfo modules are enough for their projects.

Cheers,

-- 
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/