Subject: Re: bug#62856: 30.0.50; nongnu.git documentation out of date

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 13:09:24 +0000

No Wayman <[email-masked]> writes:

> nongnu.git's README and elpa-packages file claim each package will be
> on an "externals/NAME" branch. Instead the packages are on "elpa/NAME"
> branches. 

I am not exactly sure what is going on here, but the README file on the
elpa-admin branch mentions this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
This file exists in two branches ~elpa-admin~ and ~elpa~.  The two version
differ slightly.  The introductory text before the first heading
differs and there are minor differences concerning the ~externals/*~ to
~elpa/*~ transition.  Please make sure you always update this file in
both locations to avoid introducing additional differences.  This
duplication will be removed eventually.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

>           The elpa-config file implies this will be configurable at
> some point, but for now the docs are misleading.

It should be configurable?  Or at least `elpaa-read-config' does set it.

-- 
Philip Kaludercic