Subject: bug#62856: 30.0.50; nongnu.git documentation out of date

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 18:08:58 -0400

Stefan Kangas [2023-09-05 14:36:20] wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Not much to add: the README in `elpa-admin` is supposed to be "generic"
>> (under the assumption that `elpa-admin` could be used for many other
>> archives), whereas the READMEs in the `main` branch of `elpa.git` and
>> `nongnu.git` should describe what's specific to the corresponding
>> (Non)GNU ELPA case and delegate the rest to the `elpa-admin` README.
> So notabug, then,

On the contrary: the README for nongnu.git should be fixed so it doesn't
say "externals/.." since that doesn't apply to the `nongnu.git` case.

> or do you see anything that could be improved?

Actually, a lot could be improved.  What I describe above is what we aim
for, but the reality is pretty far from that: we managed to "merge" the
different redundant pieces of info (at some point, at least), which was
the first step, but we still need to split them according to
the guidelines which should then make it easier to keep those things
up-to-date.

        Stefan