Subject: bug#6284: Crash in w32_wnd_proc at frame deletion

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:34:40 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 19:44, Lennart Borgman
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Now I finally got a backtrace of this crash. Thanks for the (harsh)
>> reminders about running under gdb.
>
> More like "stern" :-)

My English does not know that.

>> Here is part of the backtrace
>
> Is that with an optimized or non-optimized build?

Non-optimized.

> Is the crash repeatable at will?

Maybe, but I do not know whose will. I know how it happens, but not when.

Anyway, I mailed Eli and asked him immediately since I feared my pc
might hang (which it can do sometimes when bugs jumps in). Thee is a
bug in w32fns.c where this happened. There should be a check if f is
0.

There seems to be more places where this is not checked. I will look
through them and add a patch here.