Subject: bug#62831: 29.0.90; Emacs-pretest-29.0.90 aarch64 on macOS crashes when receiving a three-finger tap.

From: Sami Lahtinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:43:52 +0300

la 15. huhtik. 2023 klo 22.51 Daniel Martín ([email-masked]) kirjoitti:

> Sami Lahtinen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Unfortunately I am unable to run GDB, as it seems that GDB doesn't run on
> > aarch64.
> >
> > I tried to debug using LLDB, but since I have no experience with these
> > things I was unable to do so. I can try to find some time to learn the
> > process next week, but it might take a while, as I have never done any
> > debugging before. Maybe someone with more experience has access to an
> Apple
> > silicon machine and can replicate the bug?
>
> If you open Console.app, you should see the Emacs crash there, under
> Crash Reports.  Could you upload the report to this bug thread?
>
> I will attach it to this email.

I can't reproduce the issue, but I am on macOS 12, not macOS 13.  Do you
> reproduce the issue if you start Emacs from a terminal with "emacs -Q"?
>
> I ran "/Applications/Emacs29.app/Content/MacOS/Emacs -Q" and
"/Applications/Emacs29.app/Content/MacOS/Emacs-arm64-11 -Q" and could not
reproduce the bug, which is surprising as I thought that I had trier that
before and thus thought the bug was not related to my dotfiles. Still, the
same dotfiles do not result in this bug in my older version of Emacs.

I can try to pinpont the part of my init.el that is causing this bug, but
it will take a day or two.

>
> > ps. Maybe I should explain, that the three-finger tap is a macOS feature
> > that can search for a dictionary definition, web search etc. on a
> > highlighted word as well as display info about files in the file browser
> > etc. I'm just explaining this as it is a os-specific utility that some
> > people might not be aware of. I have no idea how it works "under the
> hood".
> >
>
> Is this the setting you can configure at System Preferences, Trackpad,
> Point & Click, Look up & data detectors, Tap with three fingers?
>

Yes.With that setting off the bug does not happen.