Subject: bug#62831: 29.0.90; Emacs-pretest-29.0.90 aarch64 on macOS crashes when receiving a three-finger tap.

From: Sami Lahtinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:49:02 +0300

Unfortunately I am unable to run GDB, as it seems that GDB doesn't run on
aarch64.

I tried to debug using LLDB, but since I have no experience with these
things I was unable to do so. I can try to find some time to learn the
process next week, but it might take a while, as I have never done any
debugging before. Maybe someone with more experience has access to an Apple
silicon machine and can replicate the bug?

ps. Maybe I should explain, that the three-finger tap is a macOS feature
that can search for a dictionary definition, web search etc. on a
highlighted word as well as display info about files in the file browser
etc. I'm just explaining this as it is a os-specific utility that some
people might not be aware of. I have no idea how it works "under the hood".

pe 14. huhtik. 2023 klo 16.44 Eli Zaretskii ([email-masked]) kirjoitti:

> > From: Sami Lahtinen <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:46:28 +0300
> >
> > I will attach an .ips file from ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ I hope
> this is what you are looking for,
> > if not, can you please specify?
>
> I meant the backtrace reported by a debugger.  Run Emacs under a
> debugger, either GDB (preferred) or LLDB, and when Emacs crashes
> produce the backtrace and post it.  In GDB, the command to display a
> backtrace is "backtrace", or "bt" in short.  I don't know what is the
> command in LLDB, sorry.
>
> > My Emacs is the binary from emacsformacosx.com as-is. As far as I know,
> it is compiled without
> > changes.
>
> Does that site say anywhere if there are some changes?
>