Subject: bug#62815: closed (Re: bug#62815: Gnus: MIME types of attachments contain regexp quotation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 00:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62815: Gnus: MIME types of attachments contain regexp quotation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62815: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62815
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62815: Gnus: MIME types of attachments contain regexp quotation
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:42:47 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.1

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 08:21:02 +0800
>>
>> My patch has spent almost a week on master with no complaints. Eli, OK
>> to push this regression fix to emacs-29 and close the bug report?
>>
>> (I assume to push to emacs-29 I just checkout emacs-29, cherry-pick the
>> commit, and push?)
>
> Yes to both questions.
>
> When you cherry-pick, be sure to use the -x switch to Git (or its
> equivalent, if you don't invoke Git directly from the shell prompt),
> so that the commit log message of the backport includes the telltale
> "(cherry picked from commit ...)" line.

It seems like this issue was fixed, but it was left open in the bug
tracker.  I'm therefore closing it now.

Subject: Gnus: MIME types of attachments contain regexp quotation
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:46:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hallöchen!

Since commit 3faa508eba84a1983732099cbd3cc1eaad404158, I observe
incorrect MIME types in my outgoing mails, e.g.

…
--=-=-=
Content-Type: application/vnd\.oasis\.opendocument\.spreadsheet
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename=2022-12-15_Nachbestellung_Studio.ods
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
…

Reason is that when attaching a file to a mail in Gnus, the MIME
type is suggested by Gnus, and this suggestion contains the
incorrect backslashes.

Regards,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger