Subject: bug#62815: Gnus: MIME types of attachments contain regexp quotation

From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 09:26:13 +0800

Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:
>Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> That is the odd part---the changes I made don't touch this at all.  This
>> is in the viewer part, and none of the changes should have any effect on
>> this part. 

>Hi Andy, sorry for the late response.  It took me longer since I went
>through a longer oddity show.  It turned out that your patch works, but
>I had to install Emacs into a directory, i.e., pass a directory to
>configure via --prefix.  Simply starting emacs.exe out of ./src
>directory throws the error I described in my other mail, very odd.  So
>from what I see, your change fixes both problems reported.  Maybe you
>install that change and others can test is as well.

Glad to hear that the patch seems to work. I'm not sure what is going on
with the installation on windows, but since it sounds like this is not
related to the current issue, I'll follow your suggestion and commit the
patch to master. Assuming no one reports a problem I think the patch can
then go to the 29 branch to fix the regression.

Best,
Andy

-- 
Andrew Cohen