Subject: grep 3.10: test suite fails with core dumps in two units

From: Tomasz Kłoczko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:35:37 +0100

Hi,

Looks like test suite is failing in two unit with core dumps

make[5]: Leaving directory
'/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests'
make[5]: Entering directory
'/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests'
../build-aux/test-driver: line 107: 3580757 Aborted                 (core
dumped) "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
FAIL: test-strtoll

Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST  937833 1000 1000 SIGABRT present
 /home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack
Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST  939116 1000 1000 SIGABRT present
 /home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll
Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST  939117 1000 1000 SIGABRT present
 /home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull

Hre are back traces

[tkloczko@barrel ~]$ echo "bt full" | coredumpctl gdb 937833
           PID: 937833 (test-c-stack)
           UID: 1000 (tkloczko)
           GID: 1000 (tkloczko)
        Signal: 6 (ABRT)
     Timestamp: Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST (1min 54s ago)
  Command Line: ./test-c-stack 1
    Executable:
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack
 Control Group:
/lxc.payload.pers-jacek/user.slice/user-1000.slice/session-11.scope
         Slice: -.slice
       Boot ID: 9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e
    Machine ID: 1e3406b3ce714f53abecf7641173d045
      Hostname: pers-jacek
       Storage:
/var/lib/systemd/coredump/core.test-c-stack.1000.9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e.937833.1681378365000000.zst
(present)
  Size on Disk: 20.7K
       Message: Process 937833 (test-c-stack) of user 1000 dumped core.

                Stack trace of thread 2100061:
                #0  0x00007f88b7c8f7b4 __pthread_kill_implementation
(libc.so.6 + 0x8f7b4)
                #1  0x00007f88b7c3e1ce raise (libc.so.6 + 0x3e1ce)
                #2  0x00007f88b7c2687f abort (libc.so.6 + 0x2687f)
                #3  0x000056223cfec753 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack + 0x1753)
                #4  0x000056223cfec779 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack + 0x1779)
                #5  0x000056223cfed23e n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack + 0x223e)
                #6  0x00007f88b7c3e280 __restore_rt (libc.so.6 + 0x3e280)
                #7  0x000056223cfec4b8 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack + 0x14b8)
                #8  0x00007f88b7c27b4a __libc_start_call_main (libc.so.6 +
0x27b4a)
                #9  0x00007f88b7c27c0b __libc_start_main@@GLIBC_2.34
(libc.so.6 + 0x27c0b)
                #10 0x000056223cfec555 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack + 0x1555)
                ELF object binary architecture: AMD x86-64

GNU gdb (Fedora Linux) 13.1-4.fc39
Copyright (C) 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack...
[New LWP 2100061]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `./test-c-stack 1'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  0x00007f88b7c8f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
Missing separate debuginfos, use: dnf debuginfo-install
glibc-2.37.9000-5.fc39.x86_64
(gdb) #0  0x00007f88b7c8f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00007f88b7c3e1ce in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x00007f88b7c2687f in abort () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x000056223cfec753 in die (signo=signo@entry=11) at ../lib/c-stack.c:124
        message = 0x56223cfee010 "program error"
        prognamelen = 12
        messagelen = 13
        buf = "test-c-stack: program error\n", '\000' <repeats 3885
times>...
        buflen = <optimized out>
        separator = ": "
#4  0x000056223cfec779 in segv_handler (address=<optimized out>,
serious=<optimized out>) at ../lib/c-stack.c:160
No locals.
#5  0x000056223cfed23e in sigsegv_handler (sig=<optimized out>,
sip=<optimized out>, ucp=0x56223cfff400 <alternate_signal_stack+62336>) at
../lib/sigsegv.c:1096
        address = 0x0
#6  <signal handler called>
No symbol table info available.
#7  0x000056223cfec4b8 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7ffe2d1494b8) at
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-c-stack.c:66
        rl = {rlim_cur = 1048576, rlim_max = 1048576}
(gdb) [tkloczko@barrel ~]$ echo "bt full" | coredumpctl gdb 939116
           PID: 939116 (test-strtoll)
           UID: 1000 (tkloczko)
           GID: 1000 (tkloczko)
        Signal: 6 (ABRT)
     Timestamp: Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST (2min 13s ago)
  Command Line: ./test-strtoll
    Executable:
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll
 Control Group:
/lxc.payload.pers-jacek/user.slice/user-1000.slice/session-11.scope
         Slice: -.slice
       Boot ID: 9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e
    Machine ID: 1e3406b3ce714f53abecf7641173d045
      Hostname: pers-jacek
       Storage:
/var/lib/systemd/coredump/core.test-strtoll.1000.9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e.939116.1681378365000000.zst
(present)
  Size on Disk: 19.7K
       Message: Process 939116 (test-strtoll) of user 1000 dumped core.

                Stack trace of thread 2101328:
                #0  0x00007f0b2528f7b4 __pthread_kill_implementation
(libc.so.6 + 0x8f7b4)
                #1  0x00007f0b2523e1ce raise (libc.so.6 + 0x3e1ce)
                #2  0x00007f0b2522687f abort (libc.so.6 + 0x2687f)
                #3  0x0000563d57980837 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll + 0x1837)
                #4  0x00007f0b25227b4a __libc_start_call_main (libc.so.6 +
0x27b4a)
                #5  0x00007f0b25227c0b __libc_start_main@@GLIBC_2.34
(libc.so.6 + 0x27c0b)
                #6  0x0000563d57980d75 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll + 0x1d75)
                ELF object binary architecture: AMD x86-64

GNU gdb (Fedora Linux) 13.1-4.fc39
Copyright (C) 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll...
[New LWP 2101328]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `./test-strtoll'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  0x00007f0b2528f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
Missing separate debuginfos, use: dnf debuginfo-install
glibc-2.37.9000-5.fc39.x86_64
(gdb) #0  0x00007f0b2528f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00007f0b2523e1ce in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x00007f0b2522687f in abort () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x0000563d57980837 in main () at
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoll.c:41
        input = "0"
        ptr = 0x7ffeeec776bc "0b"
        result = <optimized out>
(gdb) [tkloczko@barrel ~]$ echo "bt full" | coredumpctl gdb 939117
           PID: 939117 (test-strtoull)
           UID: 1000 (tkloczko)
           GID: 1000 (tkloczko)
        Signal: 6 (ABRT)
     Timestamp: Thu 2023-04-13 10:32:45 BST (2min 25s ago)
  Command Line: ./test-strtoull
    Executable:
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull
 Control Group:
/lxc.payload.pers-jacek/user.slice/user-1000.slice/session-11.scope
         Slice: -.slice
       Boot ID: 9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e
    Machine ID: 1e3406b3ce714f53abecf7641173d045
      Hostname: pers-jacek
       Storage:
/var/lib/systemd/coredump/core.test-strtoull.1000.9550adef788a4d829b3ee0639b3c602e.939117.1681378365000000.zst
(present)
  Size on Disk: 19.8K
       Message: Process 939117 (test-strtoull) of user 1000 dumped core.

                Stack trace of thread 2101329:
                #0  0x00007faafcc8f7b4 __pthread_kill_implementation
(libc.so.6 + 0x8f7b4)
                #1  0x00007faafcc3e1ce raise (libc.so.6 + 0x3e1ce)
                #2  0x00007faafcc2687f abort (libc.so.6 + 0x2687f)
                #3  0x000055fbf52b2837 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull +
0x1837)
                #4  0x00007faafcc27b4a __libc_start_call_main (libc.so.6 +
0x27b4a)
                #5  0x00007faafcc27c0b __libc_start_main@@GLIBC_2.34
(libc.so.6 + 0x27c0b)
                #6  0x000055fbf52b2d75 n/a
(/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull +
0x1d75)
                ELF object binary architecture: AMD x86-64

GNU gdb (Fedora Linux) 13.1-4.fc39
Copyright (C) 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull...
[New LWP 2101329]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `./test-strtoull'.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0  0x00007faafcc8f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
Missing separate debuginfos, use: dnf debuginfo-install
glibc-2.37.9000-5.fc39.x86_64
(gdb) #0  0x00007faafcc8f7b4 in __pthread_kill_implementation () from
/lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00007faafcc3e1ce in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x00007faafcc2687f in abort () from /lib64/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x000055fbf52b2837 in main () at
/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/grep-3.10/gnulib-tests/test-strtoull.c:41
        input = "0"
        ptr = 0x7fff9455cdac "0b"
        result = <optimized out>

kloczek
-- 
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: *http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH <http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH>*