Subject: RE: bug#6280: 24.0.50; (elisp) Dedicated Windows

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:02:37 -0800 (PST)

> In the above text, "dedicated frame" is not a special concept, it's
> just talking a way to say it's a frame which the user has created
> for a particular purpose.

In that case, it should use different phrasing, to avoid confusion
with dedicated windows.  Say, e.g., "a frame which the user has
created for a particular purpose".

Of course, with such clearer phrasing it becomes clear that this
doesn't mean anything at all.  Not unless you say what you have
in mind by "for a particular purpose".  What frame creation is
not for a particular purpose?

If this is to be helpful/meaningful, it needs to actually say
something.  Perhaps an example of what you have in mind would
help - an example of a frame "created for a particular purpose".

If all you mean is a standalone minibuffer frame, then say that.
Don't use the word "dedicated" at all.  If you think that is
not clear enough, then say a frame whose `minibuffer' parameter
has value `only'.