Subject: Re: bug#62792: Emacs 29.0.90 build fails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 18:33:11 +0300

> From: Tak Ota <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:16:28 -0700
> 
> When attempted to build using MinGW the next section of code in src/w32.c conflicts with the definition
> in MinGW/include/wincon.h

Thank you for your report.

Please show the exact compilation error message you get due to this
conflict.  I don't see any errors here, and Emacs 29 compiles with
MinGW flawlessly here.

> This typedef was not in src/w32.c of Emacs 28.2.
> 
> #if _WIN32_WINNT < 0x0501
> typedef struct
> {
>   DWORD nFont;
>   COORD dwFontSize;
> } CONSOLE_FONT_INFO;
> #endif

Also, which flavor of MinGW and which version are you using?  The
above should be only visible with _WIN32_WINNT that is smaller than
0x0501, which should not happen with latest MinGW64.  And looking at
the latest MinGW64 headers, I see the definition of CONSOLE_FONT_INFO
structure there that is identical to the above, so how can it
conflict?