Subject: bug#62792: Emacs 29.0.90 build fails

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:36:14 -0500

Hi Tak,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:18 AM Tak Ota <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This is what I saw.

Thanks for the error message detail.  Unfortunately, I'm still not
able to reproduce this error.  I'm building the emacs-29 branch under
MINGW32, in case that might be it. (It has been several days since I
tried x32 build.)

Are you building from a git checkout or starting from the 29.0.90
source archive?

Can you share the output from running "uname -a" in the shell where
you are building?  Here's mine, for reference:

  MINGW64_NT-10.0-19043 Avalon 3.3.4-341.x86_64 2022-02-15 17:24 UTC x86_64 Msys

Finally, can you answer Eli's question below?

>>
>> Also, which flavor of MinGW and which version are you using?  The
>> above should be only visible with _WIN32_WINNT that is smaller than
>> 0x0501, which should not happen with latest MinGW64.  And looking at
>> the latest MinGW64 headers, I see the definition of CONSOLE_FONT_INFO
>> structure there that is identical to the above, so how can it
>> conflict?

Thanks for reporting!