Subject: bug#62780: 30.0.50; Redisplay gets slow when using Org tables + show-trailing-whitespace

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:03:48 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've now installed on master several optimizations related to search
> of composable characters by the display engine.  I tested some of the
> above scenarios (not all of them), and they seem to work as well as
> before.

Thanks!

> Do these changes make significant improvements in redisplay speed in
> org-table buffers?  If not, can you tell me where are the hot spots
> after these changes?

With my normal (optimized) build, I can no longer observe typing latency
using the original reproducer.

> Also, if you see any regressions due to these changes, please report
> them.  I will keep this bug open for now.

So far so good. At least for the compositions I use personally in my
pretty-symbols config.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>