Subject: Re: bug#62780: 30.0.50; Redisplay gets slow when using Org tables + show-trailing-whitespace

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:28:25 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> But to test this idea, I need enough test cases that use the
> 'composition' property to make sure the property still works after I
> disable that call.  Can you collect a few test cases which use the
> 'composition' property, with or without Org tables?  I guess
> prettify-symbols-mode is one of them, but are there others?  I will
> then try to find time to test this idea.

1. The most obvious is prettify-symbols-mode in Emacs sources
   Say, (setq-local prettify-symbols-alist '(("!" . ?¬)) M-x
   prettify-symbols-mode

2. https://github.com/integral-dw/org-superstar-mode
   You can use tests/*.org example files
   Also, https://github.com/jdtsmith/shakespeare.org has a giant example
   Org file. And https://github.com/casouri/valign/blob/master/test.org
   has a number of example tables (though the package itself does not
   use composition).

3. Typing using TeX input method will produce composed glyphs. The same
   if you set org-pretty-entities to t and then type \alpha, \beta, etc
   in Org buffers.

4. Composing long spans of text might be a reasonable edge case to test.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>