Subject: bug#6278: Segmentation fault at exit if server-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:32:20 +0300

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 03:46:02 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I just saw this in dbg. It might be related but I am not sure since I
> believe I got an error from make-frame in this instance.
> 
> This error might of course have to do with the current bidi work.

It's hard to do anything about such a crash without having a clear
recipe for reproducing it, starting with "emacs -Q".  Whatever problem
caused it, happened before you invoked kill-emacs, and in a different
place.

> My checkout is from 2010-05-22 (and patched).
> 
> #24 0x011d3277 in w32_abort () at w32fns.c:8183
> #25 0x010b87d9 in check_glyph_memory () at dispnew.c:2610
> #26 0x01002f8d in shut_down_emacs (sig=0, no_x=0, stuff=45467674)
>     at emacs.c:2198
> #27 0x01002eb4 in Fkill_emacs (arg=45467674) at emacs.c:2104

Please show the function check_glyph_memory in your sources, with line
numbers.  check_glyph_memory can abort in two different places, and
your sources are different from the current trunk, so it's hard to
know which one actually aborted.

Also, is this an optimized build or non-optimized one?  If the former,
the line numbers shown by the debugger cannot be trusted.

Finally, what are the values of glyph_matrix_count and
glyph_pool_count in frame #25?