Subject: bug#6277: closed (Re: bug#6277: cut: Please add CSV parsing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6277: cut: Please add CSV parsing

which was filed against the coreutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6277: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6277
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6277: cut: Please add CSV parsing
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: sandy bas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:08:33 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Sandy,

I am happy that you are satisfied with the responses.  I am going to
close the bug ticket in the bug tracking system with this message.
Please feel free to respond and add additional information if
desired.  The group will all see it and the ticket will keep track of
it.

Bob

Subject: cut
From: sandy bas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 23:00:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear People:

Comma delimited files often have fields of the form "big,black,bear" where the
commas within the quotes are not delimiters. A useful option in cut would
 be to ignore the commas (delimiters) within the quotation marks.

  I would be glad to put it in if you would like the option.

 Thank you for all of the work that you do.

   sandy