Subject: 'make' often errors with "Org version mismatch" after pulling a new version of the code

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 02:09:45 +0300

The log excerpt is at the end.

Could someone fix that, so that I don't have to 'make bootstrap' every 
other time after a 'git pull'?

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/dgutov/vc/emacs-master/lisp'
   ELC      org/ox.elc
Warning (emacs): Org version mismatch.  Org loading aborted.
This warning usually appears when a built-in Org version is loaded
prior to the more recent Org version.

Version mismatch is commonly encountered in the following situations:

1. Emacs is loaded using literate Org config and more recent Org
    version is loaded inside the file loaded by ‘org-babel-load-file’.
    ‘org-babel-load-file’ triggers the built-in Org version clashing
    the newer Org version attempt to be loaded later.

    It is recommended to move the Org loading code before the
    ‘org-babel-load-file’ call.

2. New Org version is loaded manually by setting ‘load-path’, but some
    other package depending on Org is loaded before the ‘load-path’ is
    configured.
    This "other package" is triggering built-in Org version, again
    causing the version mismatch.

    It is recommended to set ‘load-path’ as early in the config as
    possible.

3. New Org version is loaded using straight.el package manager and
    other package depending on Org is loaded before straight triggers
    loading of the newer Org version.

    It is recommended to put

     (straight-use-package 'org)

    early in the config.  Ideally, right after the straight.el
    bootstrap.  Moving ‘use-package’ :straight declaration may not be
    sufficient if the corresponding ‘use-package’ statement is
    deferring the loading.

In toplevel form:
org/ox.el:79:2: Error: Org version mismatch.  Make sure that correct 
‘load-path’ is set early in init.el