Subject: bug#62762: 'make' often errors with "Org version mismatch" after pulling a new version of the code

From: Max Nikulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 23:11:39 +0700

On 27/06/2023 17:59, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Max Nikulin writes:
>> On 23/06/2023 19:02, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

>>> I do not think that we should throw and error. `org-reload' approach
>>> should hopefully solve the problem with mixed versions.
>>
>> Have you tested compilation with Org  already loaded to Emacs <= 28?
> 
> Do you know how to do it? Our previous reproducers involved M-x
> package-install, but I am not sure how to test it without ELPA release.

I have not tried yet, but I hope, preparing a tar file and using 
`package-install-file' should behave in the same way as installing from 
ELPA. Some spacemacs users believe they have noticed some difference, 
but I am not convinced.

> You are right. I will think how to approach this.
> I am considering:
> 1. Move most the warning to dedicated manual section.
> 2. Display additional short warning at the bottom.
> 
> I am now leaning towards (1).

Since it will be only in new version of the manual, a URL with online 
manual should be provided. Using `info' may give old version with no 
added section. Perhaps the FAQ entry should be revised as well.