Subject: bug#62762: 'make' often errors with "Org version mismatch" after pulling a new version of the code

From: Max Nikulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 23:46:36 +0700

On 05/05/2023 22:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> You should look for all the ways we load one Lisp file from another:
> 
>    . require
>    . eval-when-compile
>    . eval-and-compile

I was aware of these forms before you mentioned them first time in this 
discussion.

> etc.  When fileA.el does any of that to load fileB.el, and fileB.el
> does something to load fileA.el (whether directly or indirectly, via
> other files), you have a circular dependency.

I am sorry, but it is far from a complete example. I still have no idea 
how to combine it in a such way that there would be no problem to 
compile and load files, but attempt to create build dependencies would 
fail due to a cycle.

Perhaps editing some Emacs files you will notice the pattern you are 
writing about. I will be grateful if you provide names of files 
demonstrating cyclic dependency issue.