Subject: bug#62757: closed (Re: bug#62757: 28.2; M-x pr-interface raises error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 05:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62757: 28.2; M-x pr-interface raises error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62757: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62757
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62757: 28.2; M-x pr-interface raises error
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Keith Waclena <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 08:31:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Keith Waclena <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 14:36:12 -0500
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> From: Keith Waclena <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 12:53:05 -0500
> >>
> >>
> >> M-x pr-interface raises an error on multiple machines (all running the
> >> same Emacs version).  To reproduce:
> >>
> >> 1. emacs -Q
> >> 2. M-x load-library RET printing RET
> >> 3. M-x pr-interface RET
> >>
> >> An error is raised:
> >>
> >> widget-default-create: Wrong type argument: listp, "*scratch*"
> >
> > I can reproduce this in Emacs 28.2, but not in the pretest of what
> > will become Emacs 29.1.  So I guess this bug was already fixed.
> 
> Great!  Thanks!

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 28.2; M-x pr-interface raises error
From: Keith Waclena <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 12:53:05 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-x pr-interface raises an error on multiple machines (all running the
same Emacs version).  To reproduce:

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x load-library RET printing RET
3. M-x pr-interface RET

An error is raised:

widget-default-create: Wrong type argument: listp, "*scratch*"

The *Printing Interface* buffer looks like this (complete contents):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
                                             printing v6.9.3    ps-print v7.3.5
Current Directory : /home/keith/
Print :
  (*) Buffer :
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The same error occurs if I select:

File / Print / Printing Interface

from the menu bar.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2023-01-25 built on jfcl
Repository revision: cc64221a9f79878e976771a590c0eefc68f47cd5
Repository branch: packages/packages/emacs
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-native-compilation
 --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt
 -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/keith/asp/emacs/repos/extra-x86_64/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  global-disable-mouse-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  selectrum-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  selectrum-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/merlin hides /home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/merlin-4.8snapshot500/merlin
/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/merlin-imenu hides /home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/merlin-4.8snapshot500/merlin-imenu
/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/merlin-xref hides /home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/merlin-4.8snapshot500/merlin-xref
/usr/app/lib/opam/4.13.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/merlin-cap hides /home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/merlin-4.8snapshot500/merlin-cap
/home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-2.4.5/bind-key hides /home/keith/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-2.4.1/bind-key

Features:
(shadow emacsbug htmlize url-dav descr-text rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support
dabbrev haskell-customize whitespace printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs
ps-def lpr forth-mode log-view find-dired time-stamp python
gnuplot-context gnuplot info-look artist picture reporter mw-thesaurus
request ert-x ert debug backtrace compat-macs mouseme ess-toolbar
ess-jags-d essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sp6-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-bugs-d
ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake ess-r-xref ess-trns ess-r-package
ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow ess-s-lang
ess-help ess-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug ess ess-bugs-l ess-utils
ess-custom tar-mode autoload autorevert filenotify arc-mode archive-mode
ffap org-attach org-id dune skeleton slp thai-util thai-word
bbdb-message bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone
mhtml-mode css-mode color js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ox-org nnmaildir imenu man
acme pkg-info epl acme-tag two-column quick shortdoc vc-git hi-lock
gnus-gravatar gravatar dns refer-mode compface nnrss smerge-mode diff
gnus-uu yenc gnus-fun finder-inf eudc-vars cus-start sh-script
executable wgrep latexenc pcmpl-gnu org-archive utop utop-minor-mode
ielm cl-print help-fns radix-tree tex-mode org-goto sgml-mode facemenu
pacman make-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log hippie-exp rect url-http
url-gw url-auth url-cache gnus-kill sendmail pcmpl-unix footnote qp
dired-aux gnus-dired cal-move cal-iso face-remap tabify elfeed-link
misearch multi-isearch gnus-picon gnus-cite smiley flow-fill mm-archive
mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-eform gnus-async gnus-dup gnus-ml nndoc nnml
nnfolder gnus-topic epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-icalendar
org-capture icalendar gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg nndraft nnmh
mailpeek kw-utils buffer-stack tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat ls-lisp bash-completion
fish-completion em-cmpl em-dirs esh-var esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util vc-dir ewoc
hl-line elfeed-show elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib xml-query bookmark merlin-eldoc
merlin-xref merlin-cap merlin cl ocp-index yafolding goto-addr tuareg
tuareg-compat tuareg-opam flymake-proc flymake smie caml-types caml-help
find-file which-key disable-mouse disp-table vc-filewise vc-rcs etags
fileloop xref docket vc comp comp-cstr windsize page-break-lines
warnings skeletor let-alist f s dash ob-dot eldoni ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox cus-edit pp projectile project lisp-mnt ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs org-duration org-indent flyspell ispell org-element
avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi org-agenda org-refile ob-R ob-gnuplot ob-ocaml ob-ditaa
ob-org ob-shell org-tempo tempo org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 org-keys oc
org-loaddefs find-func ol org-compat advice org-macs emms-mpris
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-lyrics emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor format-spec
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-info-native bindat emms-info-exiftool
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mpv emms-playing-time emms-player-mplayer emms-player-mpd
emms-url emms-cache emms-info emms-later-do tq emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-player-simple emms-setup diredfl dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs marginalia compat compat-29 selectrum-prescient
selectrum minibuf-eldef crm prescient char-fold files-x recentf
tree-widget use-package-bind-key bind-key hydra lv cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core windmove winner midnight saveplace desktop frameset
server so-long notifications view mule-util cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-hg diff-mode
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs battery
dbus time emms-mode-line emms emms-compat cus-load autoinsert
dupes-mode-autoloads note grep compile pcase shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring eww xdg url-queue thingatpt shr kinsoku svg xml dom puny
mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search time-date mail-utils wid-edit mm-util
mail-prsvr easy-mmode rx info windsize-autoloads edmacro kmacro package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 6697356 577424)
 (symbols 48 80274 32)
 (strings 32 1973220 99874)
 (string-bytes 1 124167166)
 (vectors 16 438157)
 (vector-slots 8 6904763 408961)
 (floats 8 92985 8792)
 (intervals 56 576920 47095)
 (buffers 992 236))