Subject: bug#62751: 29.0.90; New libraries that still need to be assigned to packages

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 16:30:11 +0300

> From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 15:04:53 +0200
> 
> 4. All, or most, of the *-ts-mode.el probably should be treated as
>    separate packages.

This is an issue we couldn't resolve in Emacs 29.  There are various
aspects of that, basically related to the current decision to make
these modes completely optional and yet allow users to activate them
easily.  If you are interested in details, please search the
emacs-devel list for relevant discussions, between November and now.
We will need to revisit this after Emacs 29 is released ad we get some
user feedback.

> 5. c-ts-common.el should probably not be a separate package.  Maybe it
>    should be part of c-ts-mode, or maybe even all the *-ts-mode.el, that
>    depend on this library, should be part of a single c-ts-mode?

We made it a separate package because its settings are shared by
several other modes, which users should be able to activate
independently.  Again, look up relevant discussions around the time
the file was created, and you will see the problems it was intended to
solve (and did solve).